Tuesday 22 February 2011

Recent Works: Sword Of Suontaka Belt Bag

The design of this viking belt bag was also inspired by the hilt of a sword found in the grave of a noble woman in Suontaka Finland.
After finishing the wristband from my last post, I studied the sword of Suontaka a bit more and became totally overwhelmed by the patterns on it's hilt. Since I was planning to make another belt bag for a while, I found these patterns quite fitting for the sake and so I took them and changed them slightly to match the shape of the bag, added some own ideas and so on.
I really love the result and right now I think about to create a belt for it as well. This depends on my spare time and as soon as this bag will be for sale (with or without an appropriate belt) I will update this post.

No comments: